1. Timed WebCam image upload - make snapshots at regular intervals and upload these to the Internet, or send them as e-mail attachments
2. Motion-detection mode - detect changes in the image and make a snapshot when a significant change occurred. Send the changed image to your Website or as e-mail attachment.
3. URL-Image Watch - instead of choosing a live video source as the input, you can choose a JPEG file on your disk or on the Internet. This is useful for Axis NetEye users. HomeWatcher will be able to watch the images of their NetEye, perform motion-detection, send e-mail to the owner when the image changes etc. All the well known HomeWatcher features become available to Axis users.
Moreover, with this version you will be able to monitor existing WebCam Internet sites, like wildlife cameras like AfriCam. Instead of having to wait all day for a wild beast to appear for the lens, your HomeWatcher monitor will detect their appearance and warn you by e-mail. Example of camera pointing at the Pier of Scheveningen, close to where the HomeWatcher Head Office is located.
4. Multiple instances of HomeWatcher - with version 1.5 it is possible to run the software multiple times concurrently. Each instance can use a different video source or URL as input. Some capture cards, like the Winnov, can be installed multiple times in one PC. Some USB cameras, like the 3COM, can be used multiple times on one PC as well. So if you manage to connect and run multiple cameras on your PC without conflicts, you can monitor them all with one license of HomeWatcher.
5. Video clip creation - all (or some) of your motion-detected or timed snapshots can now be "glued" together in an AVI video clip, which can also be uploaded to your site. This can lead to really funny results.
6. Stretchable window - you can stretch the video monitoring screen to any size, even full-screen. This way you can use HomeWatcher as a screensaver, showing always the latest image.