EditPad Classic is a small but powerful text editor and Notepad replacement.
It is compact (a single exe) and has an easy-to-use tabbed interface.
It has some very interesting features:
* EditPad can open as many files at a time as you want, with no arbitrary file size limit.
* You change between the open files by clicking on their tabs. No hassle with heaps of overlapping windows.
* If you run EditPad again when there is already an instance running, the file(s) you wish to edit will be opened by the existing EditPad window. This means there will be at most one EditPad window open, which will save you from a lot of task switching.
* If you do need more instances, simply pick View|New editor from the menu.
* If you wish, the EditPad window stays on top of all other windows
* Block functions: Save parts of your text to disk; Insert a file in the current text
* Specify many print settings: font, margins, headers/footers, line spacing, etc.
* Reopen menu that lists the last 16 files opened.
* EditPad can put an icon in the system tray that remains visible, even if EditPad is closed. This way you have easy and fast access to EditPad, without the need to keep it open all the time.
* Configure the open and save dialog file filters (file types list).
* Opens and saves Unix and Mac files
* Conversions: ANSI <=> OEM (DOS ASCII); Tabs <=> Spaces; Uppercase, lowercase or initial caps; ROT-13
* Easy and working installation and uninstallation (just copy the .exe onto your hard drive and delete it to get rid of it).
* It's almost free! (just a postcard, a stamp and some nice words)
* Praised by its users at http://www.jgsoft.com/editpadcomm.html
Also available from http://www.justgreatsoftware.com/
* EditPad for Windows 3.1 (not maintained)
* EditPad Lite (successor to EditPad Classic)
* EditPad Pro (professional version with many new, great features!)